Make A Plan Before You Need It
It is hard to think clearly and make good decisions when you are scared, tired, and stressed. A key step on your path to freedom is to create a Safety Plan ahead of time, before you are in the middle of a tough, stressful situation.
Personal Safety Plans
A Personal Safety Plan covers the following basic things you need to think about in order to stay safe and get out of a dangerous, abusive situation:
- How to stay safe during a violent incident.
- How to stay safe when you are preparing to leave.
- How to stay safe in your own residence.
- How to stay safe with a protective order.
- How to stay safe on the job and in public.
- How to stay safe with alcohol and drug use.
- How to stay safe and maintain your emotional health.
- How to keep your children safe.
- Items to be sure you take when you leave.